Correct.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on October 10, 2002 at 08:30:52:

In Reply to: Mike, whadda ya doin'? posted by DougD on October 09, 2002 at 22:05:44:

The goose and gander have different objectives.
The intent of this board is to provide a resource that will be available to the general public without getting hit by the cyber nanny filtering software, so it basically follows the '12 year old rule'. The 12 year old rule is an informal internet protocol that says that a site trying to serve the general public should have no content that is not suitable for 12 year olds. We try to adhere to that. The other board was created partly because of that restriction. I can understand that. I was actually critiqued on the other board for using words that I won't use on this board. Well, I was only following the rules. Those rules were made clear at the time the other board was created. It was made clear that language was not going to be an issue. Do I find the 12 year old rule restrictive on this board? Sometimes I do, but I understand it and appreciate it, but it really isn't a problem. Most people basically follow the 12 year old rule when in public. My web site follows it, as should any web site that wants to be able to provide information to the general public. ...I saw your comment and I agree.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]