From a third party's view.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Arnold on October 11, 2002 at 09:10:41:

In Reply to: Hey MHK, no profanity alllowed. posted by seahunt on October 09, 2002 at 14:42:19:

As an editor, you sir are starting to sicken me.

As someone who's family spends many hours underwater in California this bbs and others are of great resource to us for local information. They all have value and honesty in their intentions, some obviously less than others. I Just spent almost 2 hrs going over the history here regarding the mhk and seahunt and chris issues from the archived posts. For balance I checked out the scubadivernet site too. You could say I took a big look at the big picture with the big players. I deduced that diver.net and it's editing staff should be embarrassed at the way they have conducted themselves the last two years. If they don't feel ashamed, then I hope thay can live with themselves and not continue to act they way they have. The deletion of posts that did follow the standards and rules at that time, the obvious changing of the rules to quash proponents of a topic although diving related they did not want discussed. The back door back stabbing and railroading of legal and physical harm threats. It's all not good. The ownership, editing, and participation in a public bbs that is promoted as a free and open forum comes with it a social responsibility is something we should cherish, not sling verbal mud within. I see where less and less of this responsibility from both sides have become common place. If I were a staff member of this bbs, I would be ashamed of what I have been representing and my actions. Actions both on this bbs and in direct e-mail.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]