How many active dive clubs are there in So. Cal?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on October 16, 2002 at 10:07:25:

I see all the listings in California Diving News, but most of the divers that I meet are from a handful of the clubs listed.

So my question is this: What are the most active clubs in So. Cal.? Please respond if you are a member of an active club, and let me know how many attend your monthly meetings, and how often you do beach and boat dives.

I am involved of most of the clubs in the South Bay area, but don't get much input from the clubs outside that area.

One of the reasons I am interested is due to the fact that Sports Chalet has decided to terminate its formal relationship with their clubs. The clubs can continue on their own, but have to remove "Sports Chalet" from the name of their club.

I attended a meeting last week with the West LA Dive Club, and saw the formal document which dissolves the umbrella 501(c)7 organization that administered to all the SC clubs. I think the next few months will be interesting to see which clubs decide to stick with it and make a go of it, and which clubs fade away (hopefully, they will all make a go of it!).

Thanks,

Eric Frasco,
President, Greater Los Angeles Council of Divers.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]