We saw you guys out there

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scuba Fever Divers on October 21, 2002 at 14:41:46:

In Reply to: Dive Reports for PV this AM posted by DougD on October 20, 2002 at 15:45:04:

Went diving with some of my friends off PV both Sat and Sun. We saw you guys coming in about 430-500PM or so Sun. We also found similar conditions as you, however we found that deeper than 50 feet the visabilty cleared up greatly and there was almost no surge.
I think the Island Diver is facing the same problem that other commercial dive boats out of Redondo have faced in the past. (Before going out of business) Conditions off of PV and Redondo are so variable that divers eventually get tired of paying to go diving and have marginal dives. If Island Diver is to last, they are going to have to do fishing trips also, and the fishing competition out of that harbor is already intense. Even if they can "discover" some of the oldtime secret spots, they will eventually exhaust them also and the divers will opt to go to Catalina or the other Islands out of Pedro or LongBeach. Some of my dive Buddies are agitated when they see the Island Diver parked on the dive spots we have frequented for many years. The other Commercial Dive operations have eventually gone financially belly up, and I wonder how long it will be before the Island Diver moves on also.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]