Re: Oh, and one more thing....

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by finfan on October 29, 2002 at 13:11:34:

In Reply to: Oh, and one more thing.... posted by msblucow on October 29, 2002 at 07:36:57:

Duh - I guess the question is are you really suggesting that we wait hundreds of years for this re-population to occur. Because just as simplistic as your question of - "How do you think rockfish reproduce and claim new habitat anyway? " is mine - Do you think cold water resident rockfish are going to repopulate surrounding areas overnight?

No doubt the waters within a reserve are teaming with life (both in New Zealand, Australia and wherever). I would hope so. I thought the reserve debate was about it's effectiveness to solve the diminished fish ppopulations throughout the channel islands not just within the areas designated as a reserve. Did I miss something?

I think Joe said it best in the thread above when he questioned just what do you think will happen to areas adjacint to the reserves or the reefs not protected. DFG has set up a shell game and we are buying in. The areas adjacent or unprotected will be hammered. The solution is much more than just a reserve and in all honesty, I'm not ready to wait 50 years to see any affect. Remember I grew up in the now generation. Why not want it now, it's possible if we start in-fighting and channel our blame to where it belongs -DFG.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]