DFG lack of competency

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron on October 29, 2002 at 15:14:09:

In Reply to: Re: Great Counter Point posted by finfan on October 29, 2002 at 10:24:25:

Kind of a chiken and the egg question. Who is more imcompetent: the fools they have working the front lines or the fools who hire the front line fools?

In the last 4 days I've ran into the same DFG fool twice. First time he swims out to our boat at 3 Arch saying that "there have been reports of people raiding the commercial traps." Sure, he'd be doing a great job if it wasn't 1PM. Every comercial trapper has already cleared their pots and returned to the dock by this time. Then today, I run into the same fool at Moss Pt. Again he might be doing a good job if he'd showed up there at 8AM. Instead he has to harass me by verifying my EMPTY bag at 2PM.

Let's not forget that million dollar boat DFG is so proud of--the Thresher. Every time I've driven by the dock, there it is. Do they ever plan on using the thing?

These new MLPA areas may be a good idea in the long term, but I can't see how the DFG can ever hope to cover such a massive area considering thier incompetence on the local level.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]