Great escape trip 11/9 CANCELED

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reef Seekers Dive Co. on November 08, 2002 at 12:00:10:

We wanted to let you know that, due to the weather and the swells, and after Ken consulting with Captain Tim Burke, we've mutually decided to cancel the Great Escape trip schedule to go to San Clemente tomorrow, Saturday, 11/9.

Looking at the swell predications and the forecasts, we doubt Clemente would have been diveable and even Catalina looks iffy. As of this writing (Friday at 11:30AM), there are 6-9' swells in the Catalina channel, the period between crests is shortening (bouncier ride), the wind is blowing around 10 knots, it's predicted to get worse this afternoon & evening, and won't start coming down until Saturday afternoon.

So even though there's a chance we wake up to a beautiful day tomorrow (dammed if you do, damned if you don't), we're pulling the plug.

Please call Reef Seekers ASAP (310/652-4990) to confirm that you got this message and make arrangement for a refund, transfer to another boat, or credit. Also be aware that the rain has caused a problem with one of our phone lines so if you have trouble getting through (getting a fast-busy signal) just keep trying.

Sorry for the inconvenience but we think this is the best decision overall.

- Ken, Bill, and all the gang at Reef Seekers Dive Co. (along with Tim Burke of the Great Escape)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]