YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT???

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ed on November 11, 2002 at 10:34:53:

In Reply to: Re: Lobsters in Traps posted by Max Bottomtime on November 04, 2002 at 15:44:00:

having a gun pointed at them?

Well.... For beginners, I CAN NOT begin to tell you HOW ILLEGAL that is. Use of lethal force IS LEGAL ONLY when you are in grave danger... fear of grave injury or death... NOT THE SUSPICION that someone is removing lobsters from your darn trap.

If someone breaks into your house, armed and dangerous, and threatens you, it's acceptable to use lethal force (or point a gun at them). If, however, that same someone, who IS UNARMED, grabs an apple-pie from your kitchen table, and runs outside and takes off, IT IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL for you to chase him, find him, and point a gun at him.

If I EVER see ANYONE pointing a gun at a diver under those circumstances (even if they have poached lobster IN THEIR POSESSION), I will MAKE SURE that not only does the guy go to jail, but that HE IS PUT OUT OF BUSINESS.

I am all FOR private citizen gun ownership... But irresponsible pric*s like that have NO BUSINESS owning a gun.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]