Re: A Lobster Question

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rich K on November 14, 2002 at 06:34:12:

In Reply to: A Lobster Question posted by James on November 13, 2002 at 20:55:19:

The whole "in possesion" thing has been in question for a while, since you can file a multi-day permit and take 7 per day then which is it? I just got back from a 2 say trip and we limited the boat of 20 divers for two days {280} and nobody questioned us at the docks. However you may have seen a few months back that a so cal guy {we'll leave his name out of this} was busted for taking lobster to sell and in the process of building the case against him they counted everything, including the ones that were in his freezer.I know alot of divers who "stockpile" bugs which to be honest I think is wrong. I won't "share" limits and most often don't take more than I need for a meal or party. {I know many of you will disagree} but I think the 7 limit is too high {as are most DFG limits}. Who can eat 7 lobster? I eat maybe 12 all season, the rest get eaten at BBQ's with friends. I know alot of old timers who tell stories of bagging 7 all above 5 lbs."back in the day" and now most places have been stripped clean of the "big" bugs. So how about everyone try to exercise a little "self" control and maybe the goverment won't have to.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]