Re: And there in lies our problem...

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Finfan on November 18, 2002 at 22:02:20:

In Reply to: Any ideas would be appreciated... posted by msblucow on November 18, 2002 at 21:29:04:

we are 360 and back were we began. I would guess the best source to begin with is CA DFG. Maybe that's the whole problem with the system, it is a continuous loop that always makes people feel like they are moving, yet never accomplishing anything concrete.

That is one of the big reasons I think Steve's point on hatcheries is really valuable. At least the hatchery programs can be done through private foundations without bucking the " fish" industry. Again not a complete solution, but something to add to the reserves and the starting point.

While I support you in concept and believe you would have more impact if you could shut down the nets and long lines, in all honesty, I would probably give my donation dollars to a hatchery program - only because I think that has a higher chance of being successful. Unfortunately a very sober reality check. It is nice to dream though.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]