Let's try this again...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on November 22, 2002 at 22:03:35:

In Reply to: Nevermind...ARRRRRGGGGGG..... posted by msblucow on November 22, 2002 at 21:55:18:

Okay, here's the email address for the entire commission. It doesn't look like the members can be contacted individually....

fgc@dfg.ca.gov

Here's the letter I wrote to them, which was quite similiar to the email I sent to Carrie Wilson earlier in the day...

"I am a recreational diver and avid underwater photographer who dives primarily in Southern California. Recently I learned about the 2 commercial lobstermen in Orange County who were caught with an illegal catch of short lobsters. In
the article I read, it stated that the lobstermen were libel for about a $1000 fine and six months in jail and that their fishing license could be revoked. As someone who is deeply concerned about the state of our local waters, I strongly urge you to revoke their license. I would hate to think that these two, if found guilty, could still retain their license and potentially continue their illegal activity. We need to send a strong message to the recreational and commercial fishing community that such poaching will not be tolerated and there will be swift, severe and certain punishment if caught and found guilty.

Thank you for your time,

Marta Evry.
Venice, CA

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lobster21nov21.story"

If you chose to write the commissioners, it's important that you sign your full name to the email, as well as your home town and state (it's even better if you give a street address). That way they will know the email is comming from different individuals and not a single person or group spamming their opinion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]