your opinion

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Capt Ray on December 12, 2002 at 19:28:27:

In Reply to: Re: Recreational Fishing Alliance joins suit to stop Channel Island MLPAs posted by Ken Kurtis on December 11, 2002 at 10:58:20:

Ken,

You and I very often are at polar ends of issues pertaining to conservation. I have always had a great deal of respect for you in that you speak your mind. That said, here goes.

You may think that people like me are extreme in our opinion that fish and other sea creatures are there for humans to harvest but that is a fact in nature and it will not ever change. If a problem exists with that process it has to do with human overpopulation and with DFG's ability to perform it's chartered functions. If you are truly concerned with the ultimate health of the world enviornement you would do well to campaign for "population control" rather than your rather extreme attitute toward commercial and sport fishing.

It seems to me that you are now entering a phase that could have an impact on your extremely beneficial work for the chamber. It is entirely possible that you may alienate a number of prospective contributors to the chamber by pursuing your ajenda.

Is it worth the price to be so extreme?

Ray

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]