Re: You think about it.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by finfan on January 22, 2003 at 13:33:51:

In Reply to: You think about it. posted by seahunt on January 22, 2003 at 13:15:00:

Never got into the DIR wars, I only sat on he sidelines, but from an observation standpoint, it seemed very much similar to the MLPA wars with the enviro's. There didn't appear to be much flexibility in their thinking or in a willingness to see/accept other opinions. They like to quickly label and attack. Seemed like most, especially the ones that were the claimed experts were really one sided about there only being one way to dive and if you don't dive that way then there's something wrong with you.

Do have to give them credit though, even better than a pack of sharks on a feeding frenzy they do stick together. Forgot to mention how sharp they all look with all the fancy equipment they have so properly hanging off them.

I stroll through the other Board and pretty much agree that the topic is more diversified than only tech. That said those topics are dominated by a small group of DIR/GUE and look out if they dis-agree with your opinion.

I don't buy the accountability argument presented. Yes, sometimes it is calling people to the mat, but more often than not it is about dis-agreeing with a personal opinion. I've also noticed a lot of "prove it" goes on over on the other board. Some here (mostly when cross feeding occurs) but generally it seems like it is more "what do you think" over here.

My dive and discussion style feels safer on this board. Plus, I also like the idea that I don't have to navigate through the profanity. Just an opinion!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]