I had the same conclusion when I read it today

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on January 30, 2003 at 17:38:11:

In Reply to: PADI bashing from a PADI supporter posted by Aaron on January 30, 2003 at 17:17:09:

I thought the DM should have been in a bit of trouble, too. But since this was a second offense, and there was no doubt that it was a willful standards violation, I thought the punishment was way too soft.

I am a bit confused about how the DM could lose this student in the first place. The student paused to adjust his weight belt and lost his group. In warm carribean waters, to lose the group and for the guide to lose one of his charges, is nearly unbelieveable. Fortunately, nobody was injured in this fiasco. But the instructor was so far off base in what she did.

I thought the instructor who found the student drifting at the surface was right in turning in the instructor who lost her student -- and from what was written, may not have missed him. I also found it interesting that the other boat's captain asked that the student be dropped off back at the dock. There must be more to this story than was written!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]