Re: Holding students "down"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl S. on February 03, 2003 at 20:40:55:

In Reply to: Re: Holding students "down" posted by Ken kurtis on February 01, 2003 at 17:06:21:

Ken, it would be fun to see you square off on these issues with the Course Director that taught me. I presume that you are either a C/D yourself or an I/T at least. Either way, it might surprise you then to hear what the (other) C/Ds and I/Ts are teaching about "holding down" a dive student.

In the meantime, I will defer to your expert credentials and your many more years of experience as an instructor regarding the arguments, for arguments sake.

I plan to print your reply, and to bring it up as an issue at our next ITC, wherein I will be sitting for the I/T rating. That should give our ITC a great minicourse on the issue of "holding students down."

I did not want to leave seahunt-Mike with only one (the wrong) impression about the "holding down" thing. Thanks to my response and to yours, he at least sees now that the issue is not cut and dried.

I'm glad you and I at least agree on the final point. Thanks for the food for thought on everything else. Our next ITC thanks you in advance!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]