Captain Edward Cooper Memorial

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on February 12, 2003 at 09:49:04:

Edward Cooper, 54, a boat captain, died Jan. 29 at his home.
He was born Nov. 7, 1948, in Florida, and lived in Monterey County for more than 20 years. He was a boat captain certified by the U.S. Coast Guard, and worked as a dive and kayak instructor. He published the Monterey Bay Dive Guide and the Monterey Bay Marine Sanctuary Diver's Chart.
Mr. Cooper won the Pinnacle Award from the Northern California Scuba Retailers, and achieved the rank of Pro 5000 from the Scuba Schools Institute. He also earned the grand prize from the Underwater Malaysia Photographic Competition. He was the recipient of numerous underwater photography awards.
Mr. Cooper is survived by his mother, Madeline Cooper of Las Vegas; two sisters, Margo Allsbrook of Stanton and Shelly Apostolof of Mesa, Ariz.; two brothers, David and Robert Cooper, both of Oakland; a son, Justin Cooper of Pacific Grove; a daughter, Tiffany Cooper of Pacific Grove; and his companion, Charlene Mitchell of Pacific Grove.
Eulogy will be read at noon Saturday at San Carlos Beach, Monterey. A memorial celebration will be at 5 p.m. Saturday at Adventures by the Sea, 285 Figueroa St., Monterey.

Ed Cooper was the Captain of the Beach Hopper II dive boat for many years.
Although I never met him face to face, I have corresponded with him, and he was always a gentleman.
I will remember him as one of our great assets for California diving, and his passing is a loss to us all.

… Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]