Re: Diving Fiji vs. Tahiti/Bora Bora

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bad C on February 12, 2003 at 16:33:19:

In Reply to: Diving Fiji vs. Tahiti/Bora Bora posted by Rachel on February 11, 2003 at 16:28:43:

Been to both destinations. Both places offer different types of diving ( drift or not). It all depends on what you want to see and how much you want to spend. Fiji with its currents have a wide variety of colorful soft corals and smaller fish. Bora on the other hand has bigger fish with some nice hard corals. Fiji will undoutedly be much less expensive for your whole package.

In Fiji we stayed at and dove with the Garden Island Resort on the island of Taveuni. They have good but basic lodging. If it were my Honey moon I would have stayed at the private Bungalows on the same Island owned by the Maravu Plantation. Very exclusive and the best Chef & food on the Island. They had a swiss dive operation across from the resort that visited the same dive sites . In between dives they took us to pristine beaches on uninhabitted islands.

If swimming with the ocassional Eagle rays and Mantas is more your want, look for the romantic over the water bungalows offered by serveral resorts on Bora Bora. Pearl beach hotel, Hotel Bora... It will cost you... so look for a package thru travel zoo or orbitz from tahiti nui. I would dive with Bora Diving Center, They have been there the longest and really cater to your needs and experience. They know where to go and when ! (The best snorkeling on the island is right out infront of the Bora hotel over the water bungalows!)

Good Luck
PS At both places, bring bug juice depending on the time of the year you visit

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]