My two cents...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mountain Diver on February 13, 2003 at 09:35:47:

In Reply to: Wetsuit Recommendation? posted by Steve on February 12, 2003 at 12:56:03:

Before you buy, I'd strongly recommend you first try on THE suit you plan to buy. I have found that with some companies, even the same size/model suit from one hangar to the next may fit differently. There is not very good quality control in some brands. So buying mail order is sort of "pot luck" at best.

While I can't say it's the very best, I have been very happy with my Bare Supra Arctic Full (7mm) for northern California coastal waters. It keeps me rather warm down to the low 50s with very little water flow-through.

Another one I've tried recently (when I borrowed a suit) that was a pleasant surprize was a ScubaMax 7mm. For a full one-piece suit that cost less than $200, it was rather warm and appeared to be well-made (from what little I could tell). It was in the "no frills" catagory, but was very functional and efficient.

I did not like the feel of the seams in the Body Glove suit I had before.

I also found the O'Neill suits seemed (for me at least) to fit tight for their sizes.

The Henderson suits seemed pretty comfortable, too. But I've never tried one in the water.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]