How about a good shop / company story?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SoBay Jim on February 18, 2003 at 11:15:12:

After six years and over 150 dives, a plastic buckle on my ScubaPro BC broke. I went shopping at a number of the local dive shops looking for a new BC. While most store employees didn't offer any assistance while I browsed, the staff at Sports Chalet in Torrance did. The problem was they didn't have a BC that fit with the options I wanted (weight integrated and enough pocket space to hold my favorite light.)

A few days later, I found my self down in San Pedro and decided to stop and look in Pacific Wilderness. I was immediately greeted and began talking to the very helpful staff member (a woman whose name I didn't catch). She proceeded to ask a few questions about my preferences and current gear. I explained my situation and she suggested that I bring the BC in for repair before shelling out over $400 for a new one. So, I brought the old BC in and requested that they obtain an estimate prior to shipping it to ScubaPro. If it was going to cost over $100, I decided I would pony up for a new one. The next day, as promised, I received a call from the store telling me ScubaPro's repair estimate (based on a verbal description) was $50.00 plus shipping. I said, "Cool, send it in". About a week later, I called to check on the status and was told it had returned from ScubaPro that day and I could come pick it up. Much to my surprise, the total bill was $9. and change. ScubaPro had decided that the repair was covered under warranty and therefor no charge. I only had to pay shipping!

Thanks to the very helpful staff at Pacific Wilderness for asking the right questions and ScubaPro for standing behind their product. When it finally is time to buy a new ScubaPro BC, guess where I'm going?

Signed a happy customer,

Jim.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]