Dive Report**Friday Feb, 21--anacapa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by scubaguy90250 on February 22, 2003 at 17:16:30:

Hey everyone,,just wanted to give you a quick rundown on my trip to Anacapa this past friday.

Spectre-Dive boat
Location-anacapa Island
Site: sea lion rookery, underwater island and the third site, I've forgotten what it was called.

anyways,,,trip started out at 8:00am from ventura harbor, had about 25-30 divers ,,,nice, but I actually had hoped for a lighter day, since it was during the week,,,but good for the Boat.

Captain Ted was at the helm...Beautifull morning, Sun just coming out over the horizon,,everyone excited. had a few students (open water) but mostly just divers out diving. Even ran into an old friend, ( Hi John Budrecki).

Vis was about 40 ft or so..water temp was about
58-60. Plenty of fish were about, some kelp,,, averaged only about 30-40ft depth,, The 2nd dive was THE dive of the day....

If you've ever had the chance to dive the sea lion rookery,,,you know what I mean.

Well, today was the day! There must have been at least 200 sea lions out on the waters edge of the island,,,Capt Ted, barely had time to set the anchor, and they ran out to greet us!,
Ive been diving in Socal waters nearly three years,,,and this has been one of the most mememorable dives at Anacapa,,,ever.

Couldnt jump in fast enough... well, as I waited impatiently for my dive buddies,,,we finally got under and hung around a 25-30 ft depth,,and we were swarmed, by them!..rushing past, to and fro, many even posed for pictures,,,needless to say many people ran out of film,,in less than 3 minutes,,a few few lucky souls had video and were well rewarded,,,Now all I have to do is chase a few down so I can get some copies,,,,If I get them reasonably soon, I'll post a few...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]