Re: GREAT ESCAPE trip report.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Oceanbobber on February 24, 2003 at 17:20:32:

In Reply to: GREAT ESCAPE trip report. posted by AADIVER on February 23, 2003 at 08:02:20:

We were on that trip to San Clemente too. We heard your announcement about the shirt. We checked our bag and didn't have it.

We like to dive on the Great Escape as much as possible when we can get away. This was our 5 or 6 times diving with Sports Chalet and have really not minded going with them. Yes they do take a lot of classes but that is one of the reason why the charter the boat anyway. If you can accept the fact that the students will be slow it is of no consequence. Just get into the water first.

I really like the boat and crew. One deck hand was training another with a smile on his face and offering jokes. One diver had broken fin strap. He just smiled and gave her his set to use for the rest of tyhe day. They all have great experience diving. They are more than willing to explain things we see and don't give us the obvious BS we usually get from some of the other boats. I think Captain Tim and Captain Eric are very similar in the way they run trips. I think Tim has better food though from the times we have been out with him. The terry-curry and rice was fantastic. The hot brownies and ice cream was over the top. We do wish there was more ice available.

We think highly of Captain Tim and his crew. He comes down after setting the anchor each time and chats with the divers as they are getting in. Some dive boat captains never leave the pilot station unless they have to go to the bathroom. Tim goes out of his way to meet and greet everyone. That's one of the little things that makes Great Escape one of the greatest!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]