No Same-Old-Same-Old

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by c2cDiver on February 24, 2003 at 19:19:00:

In Reply to: Re: Diver Survey - Why Did You Keep Diving posted by Max Bottomtime on February 24, 2003 at 16:58:21:

I got certified in 1974. Been an avid SoCal diver ever since. The warm water stuff becomes same-old-same-old after a week or so. Once certified, I sought out a dive club that dove and had experianced divers in it. They taught me the ropes. I was very active, "you get out what you put in" I am still associated with the Sea Sabres. I hunted at first, but not being a huge seafood lover, I gravitated to photography, then video. Now my idea of a great time is sitting on a reef not moving more than 25', for an hour doing macro video. One of my better dives last year was doing macro video on Talcott Shoals, during lobster season. I got a lot of great footage of small sculpins. On my last dive I did bring up 5 lobster, with video camera in hand. I was able to find those dumber and lazyer than I. The more I dive, the more I want to dive.

Having your own gear is a must. Belonging to a diver's Club, and having a large circle of buddies is also a must. For you new divers, ask one of the old timers if you can dive with them. They won't ask you. They probably won't turn you down, but plan on following and learning.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]