Posted by HD on April 14, 2003 at 18:01:50:
In Reply to: Pressure posted by Chris on April 11, 2003 at 20:39:21:
1) Why are they cutting a 1/4 inch hole in a pipe at 6000 feet below sea level?
2) If the crab got pushed into the opening, why isn't the cutting wheel being pushed into it as well, at least to its wider point of the tool?
3) Are there crabs at that depth?
4) If the hole was already through the pipe, wouldn't water have been allowed to enter, thereby equalizing the pressure?
5) If the pressure inside the pipe was 0, wouldn't that have created a vacuum? Then wouldn't that vacuum have sucked in a lot of the sediment surrounding the opening? This would have clouded the water.
I think digital manipulation of the video has occurred.
Post a Followup