Re: Why I started diving–late as it is . .I understand !

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dawhale on April 26, 2003 at 06:22:58:

In Reply to: Why I started diving–late as it is . . because I’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO posted by Jeff on April 26, 2003 at 01:26:38:

Jeff, I understand where you’re coming from. I had my first try at scuba back in the sixties. That’s when you had to put the talcum in the suit so you could slide it on. Oh it would rip and you would just pull out a can of glue and fix it on the spot. My friend and I would take his brothers equipment and drive to the North Coast of California and dive. We had no training. Lucky we did not drown ourselves. I wanted to get certified but as you point out things happen and life went on. In 1995 I took my wife to Club Med in Tahiti to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. While their, I talked her into the resort diver course. A couple of hours of training and we were in the water. When we left my wife said we should think about getting certified. Wow. After all these years of marriage we find something new we both are interested in. We have been diving now eight years and are certified up to Master. We have been to Cozumel , Roatan , Sipadan ( Malaysia , Sangalaki ( Indonesia ) , KBR ( Indonesia ) and Santika Resort ( Indonesia ) . I shoot video and my wife shoots digital photo. We like to do multi day live aboard trips here in the LA area. We consider ourselves water babies. Since we got certified we could not imagine going on vacation to a place that does not have an ocean and a beach at its back door. Great sport. I am 54 and hope to be able to dive for many more years. Welcome to life under the sea. I wrote an article for our dive club newsletter on out last trip to Indonesia ( November 2002 ) . I am not sure I am allowed to post it to this forum . If any body is interested in reading it send me an email and I will send you a copy . Just drop the no spam from my email . dawhale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]