Not All DM's are A$$Holes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ray on April 28, 2003 at 15:02:50:

In Reply to: Fu*****DM's posted by Captain Tim on March 31, 2003 at 18:42:04:

I've been a PADI DM since the early 80's and it sounds like the stories posted here are either little man's syndrome or wanna be cop's are becoming DM's.

When I used to DM on Bob Kennedy's King Neputne, the Peace, Truth or other boats back in the 80's, my only advice as far as taking game was to the new divers so that they understood the laws and didn't take anything illegal. My assumption was that if you're an experienced diver with a valid fishing license, then you're old enough to take the responsibility & punishment that comes with raping the ocean.

The only guy I ever got pissed off at and jumped into his $hit, was breaking into bug traps and stealing from the pro lobster fishermen. If you can't catch them by hand, then buy them at the market, but don't rip off the guy's trying to run a business & feed a family.

I figured that I was just there for "just in case", to answer any questions for the FNG's and to make sure everyone was having a good time.

Maybe the F&G will make all the DM's Federal Employees, deputize them with little waterproof badges and let them trample the constitution when they feel like it. Oh.....sorry, that's already been done at the airports.

I'd like to get in on the Bellflower paintball game if you're still looking for guys.

Thanks, Ray (Huntington Beach)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]