Re: Per an Invitation from Sea hunt: " Death Wish ", Indonesia Dive Report

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on May 02, 2003 at 19:02:23:

In Reply to: Per an Invitation from Sea hunt: " Death Wish ", Indonesia Dive Report posted by dawhale on April 27, 2003 at 06:51:15:

MUREX is a little ways up the road on the west side of Manado and is heaps better than Thalassa. The resort is not as luxurious but the place seems to cater more to the real hard core divers. There is some passable shore diving and once Danny & Angelique know that you can handle yourself in the water, you get a little more freedom. If they know you don't care for walls, they can set you up on a smaller slower boat and you can get customized destinations to your hearts content. They'll take you to places where there are some fairly nice reef flats. One of these is a large tabletop area just off the west side of Bunaken with lots of Napoleon wrasse and Siladen on the east side has some gently sloping areas. I gotta agree that Bangka just plain rocks. I assume you dove the "castle"?

If you're interested in going back to Indonesia, Wakatobi is hard to beat, although it ain't cheap either. When the world quiets down, i'd highly recommend Derawan.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]