Posted by SteveK on May 03, 2003 at 08:25:18:
In Reply to: Re: BINGO! posted by msblucow on April 29, 2003 at 07:53:12:
How Can People Help?
Solving the problem of polluted runoff will require all Americans to make small changes in their everyday lives. The following common-sense tips can make a big impact on the environment:
* Use farm, lawn and garden chemicals sparingly and wisely
* Avoid applying farm, lawn, and garden chemicals just before a heavy rainstorm
* Dispose of boating wastes at marine pumpout stations
* Repair automobile and boat leaks promptly
* Return used oil and fluids to a service station or recycling center
* Don't dump waste down storm drains
* Properly dispose of pet and farm animal wastes
* Preserve and plant trees and other vegetation along rivers and streams to absorb runoff before it reaches the water
* Don't litter: reduce, reuse and recycle instead.
For more information, contact John.Kuriawa@noaa.gov
Maybe I should have titled the thread "Vessel Sewage" because I wanted to publicly acknowledge those who do care and pumpout the waste and raise awareness to others. But the more you learn about other pollution problem sources and nonpoint sources and it's negative effect on the ocean health. We all need to pitch in every way possible.
Post a Followup