so are you saying NAUI didnt respond at all to get involved?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl S. on May 05, 2003 at 12:35:52:

In Reply to: IF YOU HAVE NAUI INSURANCE, BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID posted by Captain Tim Burke on April 30, 2003 at 17:49:56:

Capt Tim, is the issue that NAUI refused to get involved at all on your behalf, or that they are contesting the D/M coverage alone?

I have always felt that it is unwise to buy out-of-state insurance. My coverage is currently with a store policy locally, but several of the store instructors have voiced their own reservations about the reliability of our policy as well.

NAUI does not require any specific insurance. So it seems to me that local insurance by a California insurance company is the best idea, rather than NAUI insurance out of Florida or any other out-of-state insurance policy as well.

You normally have to initiate a lawsuit against an insurance company in their jurisdiction. If they are out of state, you have to hire a lawyer in their state. Its a lot easier to handle the lawsuit if you can use a local lawyer.

Why dont you sue NAUI? If your policy is in writing with them, it seems like you have a valid claim.

At least, that is how I would vote as a juror!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]