Dive report, Ship Rock and Sea Fan Grotto 5/18

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on May 18, 2003 at 17:26:56:

Ross-O and I finally made it to Ship Rock to collect the nudibranchs he discovered on Chamber Day. One of his Jetfins decided to be the first in the water, so we spent close to an hour making search patterns with no luck. Ross looked kind of amusing scootering by with one fin. We did manage to get the nudis and spot several Purple striped jellies. After surfacing, I dropped Ross' other fin so I could follow it down right next to the other one. Still no luck. Here's a dive gear tip. Jetfins with a steel spring heel strap sink like a rock! I had to use my scooter to keep an eye on it.
Next we moved to Sea Fan Grotto. We saw the usual gang of critters until Ross found an eight foot Moray in the cavern. He made me go back to confirm the size. He was not mistaken. It is the largest eel I have ever seen.
My DUI TLS350 leaked again after my half-assed patch job, so I dropped it off at the shop on the way home. Despite the gear problems, we had two very enjoyable dives. Oh, and for ChrisM, we looked everywhere, but no Molas. :-(

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]