I myself prefer shoulder

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl S. on May 29, 2003 at 13:19:34:

In Reply to: shoulder posted by jlyle on May 23, 2003 at 16:34:03:

For my tech diving, and even universally for my local cold water non-tech diving as well, I load up my left arm with 2 dive computers and a slate. For tech it is a big slate. For nontech it is a smaller slate.

That encumbers the left arm all the way up to the elbow, and therefore a wrist dump would NOT work on my left arm.

I have seen wrist dumps in use. They look unusual, but they seem to work fine. The positioning has to be such that your wrist mounted dive computer or bottom timer or scuba watch does not interfere with the location of the wrist dump.

Some groups favour the placement of a single dive computer on the right wrist. In that methodology a left wrist dump would work fine for non tech dives. And that is how I have seen it.

For tech dives, if you are right handed, you would normally want your wrist slate on your left wrist, so a left wrist dump would not work too well. In that case you would want to consider a right wrist dump instead.

Since I dive with no instrumentation on my right arm, a right wrist dump would work fine for me.

But I still personally prefer the left shoulder dump. FYI.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]