Rules for spearfishing on scuba
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Chris on June 05, 2003 at 18:55:05:
In Reply to: Re: PLEASE TAKE ONLY WHAT YOU CAN EAT! posted by Chris on June 05, 2003 at 18:18:44:
- Your speargun is a deadly weapon; treat it as one.
- NEVER point it in the direction of other divers
- load it underwater
- unload it before surfacing
- stay away from other divers
- know the range of your gun and only shoot when you can clearly see that well past that range is clear
- Know your Prey
- If you don't know what it is don't shoot it
- Know & respect the Fish & Game limits
- know where to shoot for the kill
- know how to subdue the prey quickly (usually tearing out the gills).
- Respect Your Prey
- Only shoot what you will eat and no more.
- Keep the meat in top condition
- clean and/or gut it ASAP
- refrigerate or freeze it immediately
- eat it and enjoy it
- share your meals with those close to you
Post a Followup