More than just diving

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim on June 22, 2003 at 20:42:01:

Probably, the greatest benefit in owning a business such as the GE is the people I get to meet. While working for Roy Kaiser, he often warned me about doubting people. He would say, "if so and so says he/she did this or that, maybe they did". Over the years I have met many divers that in fact did so and so, along with many actors.
Crewmembers also fall into that category. I have had many great crewmembers with a few not so great ones.
Jaroslav Vojtech (you've known as Jerry) is one of those crewmembers that I will always remember. He is from the Chec Republic and came here to learn English better so he could enhance his families life style. Jerry has been here for about the last 6 months and I could not have asked for a better crewmember. He is the one that tried to talk to all of you, and took your fins or weights or tanks at the swim step. If you did not talk to you after you said something, he did not understand you. Jerry was always coming up to the other crew to find out what you had said.
Jerry is going home next weekend to reunite with his wife and two sons. While he will miss you, and us he looks forward to seeing them again. I wish Jaroslav all the best and hope this will help his future. All of us on the Great Escape will miss Jerry. Terry asked Jerry what island he liked the best. He said Santa Barbara. I could not agree more.

Captain Tim Burke

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]