Re: Why after every dive?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on July 31, 2003 at 11:45:56:

In Reply to: Why after every dive? posted by ChrisM on July 31, 2003 at 11:22:36:

My camera uses smartmeida only. Since I typically shoot 100+ shots per dive, that almost fills the 128 MB memory card. Since I have gone to high capacity batteries, I run out of memory before I run out of energy.
My next camera will have much greater memory and power capacity, however I will continue to work with the cameras I have for now. They are very compact, and work quite nicely. I bought the first one last September because it was the smallest housed digital camera available that had all fully manual features. I recently bought the second one for $400 for both the camera and housing.

Since I have two cameras, I only have to open one on a three dive day. My strobes get well over 250 shots on a set of 1800 Ah NiMh AAs. This also allows me to make two dives off of a small boat without ever opening anything. When I do open the camera I dry it with a towel, then dry it off with a hair dryer. On multiple day trips I replace the desiccant pack with a fresh one, stored a heat sealed evacuated bag, after opening the camera twice. This regime, along with keeping the camera out of the sun has almost eliminated any fogging issues I had.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]