Dive report; Palawan and Landing Craft wrecks.+

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on August 30, 2003 at 17:43:42:

Ross-O and Beth-O joined me for two fun dives this morning off the West side of the Palos Verdes peninsula. We arrived at the Palawan with the warm sunshine disappearing in a fog bank. The surface water was a brown haze. I was hoping it would only be forty feet thick. Luckily it was only about 25 feet thick. The vis at the wreck was about thirty feet with no current. We only saw a couple of small Lings, so we played follow the leader through the cutouts. 51F at the bottom and not much warmer until the red tide.
After a lunch break we moved over to the landing craft. I warned Ross and Beth before we descended that it was small and there wasn't much to see. Beth seemed to have a good laugh underwater when she saw how right I was. She made a lap around the wreck with the scooter, followed by Ross' turn. Before we began our ascent, we decided to play crack the whip. I held the scooter while Ross held my backplate. When I looked back for Beth, she was hanging onto Ross. We made a lap around the wreck while I laughed the entire time. The fish on the wreck probably saw three divers on one scooter and thought we were crazy. All in all, another fun day of diving.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]