Dive report, Olympic wreck and Ace One. +

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on August 31, 2003 at 15:25:23:

Roos-O, Beth-O and I were joined by Jon Davies today for what looked to be a great day of diving. The ocean was way flatter than yesterday and there was no wind. When we arrived at the Ace One the surface water was green, a more pleasant sight than the brown haze from yesterday. Unfortunately, the brown layer was under the green layer. When we arrived at the bottom we found night dive conditions. The metridium anemones were all open, enjoying the light bottom current. Vis was only about ten feet, but we still explored the entire wreck.
After a hearty lunch we motored to the Olympic II. I wasn't expecting conditions to be any different than the Ace One and I was right. Although not as dark, it was still dirty. The metridiums here were doing fine. Ross and I cut away the remaining gill net next to the stern so we wouldn't find any lost divers in there the next time we dive the wreck. Although the conditions were poor, Jon had a good time for his first time on the wreck. Just another fun day of diving.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]