Here's a thought

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on September 03, 2003 at 08:52:11:

In Reply to: Maybe someday... posted by omni on September 02, 2003 at 16:43:47:

I love to hunt, but I don't much spearfish, because there are just so few reef fish left.
It makes you think of the reserves more. Ya know what would make a dandy reserve. It has to be small enough to be protectable, but big enough to act as a nursery. It has to be good enough quality to serve as a nursery as well. You would soon have a spot like La Jolla Cove that is absolutely stuffed with life. It would be some great diving. Hmmm. First thought would be Malibu Colony, but the terrain at Paradice Cove is better. Conditions there are often favorable. It has the natural boundaries of Point Dume/Zuma Beach and either Corral Beach or Escondito Creek. The rich folks there would just love to rat on any poachers they spotted. There's another factor. Access. At the Colony, the homeowners would fight to keep divers out even though there are the current access lanes. At Paradise Cove there is a public facility (a restraunt) where you can park for like $20. Something could be worked out through zoning though I doubt Malibu would support this.
Anyway, if it could all be done you would have this spiffy place stuffed full of life, for mild diving, just like the others at La Jolla, Laguna and Palos Verdes.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]