not so good for me

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RogerC on September 08, 2003 at 23:10:35:

In Reply to: Excellent experience with Halcyon RMA posted by Ross-O on September 08, 2003 at 15:18:04:

hope they read your post, because I'd love to have them read mine.

My 28# bladder got a hole in it - ok, not on a seam, but on the back side, against the tank. Not sure what could have done it, coould have been my fault, somehow. But my problem is that I had a zeagle for 5 years, lots of beach dives back then, no holes in it, then I got a seaquest black diamond, had it for 5 years, lots of dives out of small boats and inflatables, no holes in it. Now I'm a sissy boat diver photographer, no more beach dives, no more small boats, no more beating up my gear, and my halcyon bladder - the most expensive, with the fanciest reputation - doesn't last a year.

So I called them up, told them what was up, said it wasn't near a seam, asked if there was any warrantee, and the woman who answered snorted, kinda laughed, and said no. So I ansked if she could suggest the best repair for it. She got pretty snotty, told me maybe I could try aquaseal, but her tone suggested I was nuts and didin't stand much chance at it. So I sealed it, and it works, but that's my last halcyon product.

I probably would have had better luck had I bought from a good store and gone back there, like you did. Glad it worked out for you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]