consequences of false lobster trapping report by Macho Borracho

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John M. on October 01, 2003 at 15:11:07:

A week or so ago, someone under the name of "Macho Borracho" posted a report of many lobster traps being seen before it was legal to place them. This poster did not respond to my questions nor to those of a DFG warden, nor did s/he use a valid e-mail address.

As a result of their false report, DFG wasted a huge amount of their extremely limited resources. Please be more responsible, folks.

Below is from DFG Warden Eric Kord:

"John,

Unfortunately the diver who reported the San Clemente Island incident never contacted me. He also did not respond to my posted message on the dive website. From what we could tell, the report was not true. We spent all day Wednesday responding to this call. We flew a Department plane out to the island to search for any traps in the water. No buoys were spotted around the entire island and around Catalina Island as well. Filing false reports is not only a crime, but it also wastes precious allotted funds for which we are already low on due to the extreme state budget cuts. Whoever this guy is, he wasted a lot of time and money for the Department. John, I'm sure you will pass the word along to the other divers about this unfortunate incident. Thanks for your help as always."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]