Posted by Chuck Tribolet on October 20, 2003 at 19:59:07:
In Reply to: LA Times article on Monterey Diving accidents posted by . on October 20, 2003 at 16:00:13:
Here's my NorCal list for 2003 and 2002.
- 08/09/03, Whaler's Cove, Pt, Lobos, Tammy Nguyen, had buddy
- 08/03/03, Pescadero Pt. aboard Escapade, probably Corine Sidarweck, buddy status unknown for sure, but it was implied she had a buddy
- 07/19/03, Stewart P Ewart, Monastery Beach, had buddy
- 05/31/03, Lovers, probably Marie Murray, had buddy,
- 11/03/02, MonoLobo aboard Escapade, Melinda Peraza, had buddy
- 09/04/02, Ocean Cove, unnamed male freediver, had buddy
- 07/21/02, Donner Lake, unnamed female scuba diver, had buddy
- 06/30/02, Breakwater, Mollie Suh Yalie, Instructor with student
- 06/15/02, Del Monte Beach, Kenneth Behnken, had buddy
- 06/02/02, Whaler's Cove, Pt. Lobos, John B. Hathaway, had buddy
The Times missed some of these.
Most if not all had buddies. None was clearly
There's a disproportionate number of women
(six women, four men).
It's noisy data. My records show no deaths in
2001, one scuba in Monterey in 2000, two scuba in
Monterey and one north coast ab
diver in 1999, one scuba diver in Monterey and
one north coast ab diver in 1998. That's as far
back as it goes, and it's probably incomplete
flakey for '98.
Post a Followup