I think I mis-typed...

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on October 23, 2003 at 20:02:41:

In Reply to: Re: Solo versus buddy argument posted by AADIVER on October 22, 2003 at 15:41:40:

What I meant to say was "IN-WATER" not "UNDER-WATER". I had to go back and reread my post because I remembered it as in-water. But that being said:

I remember feeling quite bad while at depth once. I felt like I was going to puke and I felt woozy. I told my buddy I was not well and wanted to go up. She took hold of my BC and together we went back to the boat. I was really gald I was not alone that day. I was fine when I went in the water but it turned to poop at about 65 fsw about 5 minutes into the dive.

Once on the boat I removed my hood and started to feel better very quickly. I had packed a hood from one of my kids and it was kinda tight. I did 3 more dives that day with no hood. Other than the coldness, I was fine. So I know what I did wrong, but I felt fine predive and only got bad during the dive. Lesson learned: That corotid sinus reflex thing is very real!

It was as close to an inwater medical emergency as I ever want to get. I could tell I was going south in a hurry and I was glad to have someone that I trusted with a solid hold of my straps as we aborted the dive. I knew that no matter what, I was going to the surface and would be next to someone who could provide emergency support.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]