We will most likely never know for sure.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on December 02, 2003 at 23:29:00:

In Reply to: Reg in mouth, absolutely agree posted by - on December 02, 2003 at 22:00:15:

I once researched diving accidents. Trying to learn how to avoid such accidents. With most accidents it is easy to determine how this could have been prevented. With ones like this. It is not. I can think of other accidents. Where a expereinced diver was lost. Equipment failure and panic is usually blamed. It is upsetting. That all these cases involved people. Who were really intelligent, highly respected and had such a positive effect on friends and family.

I think many of these divers lost consciousness. For whatever reason and were not able to respond to a emergency. A autopsy will not find every thing. Decades ago when I worked as a lifeguard. The rescues we performed were always the roughest on persons. Who had lost consciousness due to a medical condition or drugs/alcohol. I think this diver could have located his regulator. If he was conscious. I also think if he had panicked. He would have fought back. His buddy would have noticed and assisted. He just slipped under the water and disappeared.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]