Re: Yes, but . . .


dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rich K on December 22, 2003 at 19:55:09:

In Reply to: Re: Yes, but . . . posted by Sonke on December 22, 2003 at 08:44:11:

Sonke, I agree with you that all divers should have to contribute. After all it's probably safe to say that at least half {if not 3/4} of the divers are not buying a fishing liscense, thus no funds raised from them. But they are actually impacting the environment more than hunters by the shear number of boat trips they charter that leak fuels, oils and other by products. Ask all the dive boat operations up and down the coast I'll bet only 20% of their divers are hunters, so the other 80% need to pitch in a little. With the numbers of new divers increasing every year and the number of hunters decreasing every year, why not charge a one time fee along with getting your C-card {and additional certs} that should generate a few bucks.


Follow Ups:



Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]