Doppler Tutorial

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on January 05, 2004 at 15:17:57:

Over the last year some have expressed interest in acquiroring Doppler ultrasound monitors to assess their post dive inert gas bubbles. As I have learned the hard way, buying the Doppler is the easy part. Using it correctly is another.

Please let me know if there is interest in a tutorial on Doppler useage and various application topics. Such a tutorial would be taught by hyperbaric research types as organized by Karl Huggins. Exactly who is still being discussed, but rest assured it will be a pro, not some amateur ding dong like me.

Cost, location, topic outline and duration are still up in the air. To start I'd like answers to the following:

1. Who's interested?
2. What topics do you want to cover?
3. Do you own a Doppler? If yes what type?
4. What type of diving do you typically do?

I know about a ten people I can count on to show, but I suspect there are many more who would be interested. You don't need to own a Doppler. An interest in the topic will do.

For efficiency, I think it best to focus on topics within the confines of the use and efficacy of Doppler in monitoring post dive inert gas bubbles. A broader discussion of decompression topics is probably better addressed by Mike Powell and Karl in their annual two day Advanced Decompression Seminar and Catalina Hootenanny.

Please send me a PM if interested.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]