GLACD Speaker's Bureau

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on January 21, 2004 at 12:14:26:

In Reply to: Guest Speakers needed for Dive Club posted by Jan on January 20, 2004 at 21:13:38:

Jan:

The Greater Los Angeles Council of Divers (GLACD) has a list of speakers that is called the "Speaker's Bureau." It has not been updated in a couple of years but much of the contact information is still current. Send me an eMail (remove the "_NOSPAM_" from the address), and I will get you in contact with the appropriate person. Even if the information is not current, it usually is something simple to remedy, such as a split area code in the telephone number. Or a simple search on the net can get you the correct information.

At the very least, it can also give you some ideas for speakers that you want to come to your meetings.

GLACD provides the list as a service to the diving community. If you are a speaker and want to get on the list, please contact me with your information and what your presention is and I will forward it to the appropriate person in GLACD to get it put on the list. We will not list presenters that are only giving sales pitches. We will only list non-profit efforts or diving-related information presentations.

Among the many things we do, we also provide a list of diving related events for the coming year (2004 Dive Calendar).

GLACD performs a number of services for the diving community, including the co-hosting of the Rips, Rocks, and Reefs (3R's) safety training which is put on in LA County (May - October) with the assistance of the LA County Underwater Instructors Association. 2004 dates will soon be posted to the GLACD web page at www.glacd.org.

GLACD is one of four Councils in California. You do not need to be a member of GLACD to access our services, however we have individual memberships as well as club memberships, all of which help us fund the free services that we supply to the community. We are a volunteer run organization, not a commercial entity.

GLACD is a non-profit 501c3 organization that strives to serve the interests of the diving community.

Besides contacting via eMail, you will be able to visit us at the Scuba Show 2004 in Long Beach, May 22-23.

-Eric Frasco-
Member, GLACD Board of Directors

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]