Perfect rules???

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on January 26, 2004 at 12:48:38:

In Reply to: Zero Tolerance for Poaching posted by Ken Kurtis on January 26, 2004 at 12:08:30:

I think you have a great idea..., but
Perfect rules are for perfect people, none of whom I know and why the earliest tales of the Bible tell about the importance of judgement. Never trade away your right to human judgenemnt for the illusion of perfect rules.
My question is what about the tradition of bringing lobster that are questionably legal onto the boat for measuring. I know that it is considered illegal, but I think it is common and generally tolerated because people understand that it can be hard sometimes to get a satisfactory measure underwater and if the lobster is immediatly returned, there will probably be no harm done. Any smart hunter re-measures all their lobster when they get on the boat anyway. I've been surprised both ways before. Think San Clemente Island. Think one person getting one lobster that they are hoping is legal. Measure that lobster gauge on your shelf. It's probably not 3 1/4 inches.
Remember my post about paying attention to what is important.
I hope people forgive you when you make an honest mistake. :)
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]