that's difficult to answer....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on February 21, 2004 at 21:52:39:

In Reply to: Re: "most fishermen are conservationists" posted by Sonke on February 21, 2004 at 20:01:53:

On one hand i would be loath to facilitate new changes to the regulations such as the boat limits, on the other hand i would be compelled to support the continuation of the reserve process. i would also be reluctant to buy a license because i believe that the catch limits are still far too permissive. Face it, for the determined angler, the license is by far the best bargain for his fishing dollar. BTW, on the boat limit mistake, the value of the license was increased without any corresponding increase in the cost of the license. Not a very smart move imo.

We could have a winner-take-all fundraising contest. If the true conservationists collect more money, NOBODY KILLS THE FISH~ If the recreational anglers collect more money, they still get to fish...

How about those of us who are able to thoroughly enjoy the ocean without profiting from the experience pool our money and buy new regulations. How much would it cost to change the limit of halibut from 5 to 2? Or the WSB limit from 1 to zero during the critical spawning months? What about reducing the limit on sand bass to 3 during the spring spawning season. 3 calicos instead of 10. 3 yellowtail instead of 10. Start a new list of species that are completely protected?

Name the price*

:)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]