Yes, and there is more!

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on March 02, 2004 at 18:54:28:

In Reply to: Re: 40% off Scubapro posted by Captain Tim on March 02, 2004 at 18:02:15:

You are right that we do not get paid and we work hard and make sacrifices for the aquarium. More than 150 divers do this every week. We always can use more. Rescue cert, >50 dives, good attitude, year long committment, expensive physical that you pay for yourself, etc. But the rewards are intangible and fantastic.

There is more to the story of the gear. Reef Seekers works hard to support the aquarium. Ken is a Dive Team Leader and works very hard in many ways there. Reefseekers has worked with gear manufacturers to help the non-profit aquarium get gear donated for the cause, too. They have got the manufacturers to step up to the plate and allow us to buy stuff at "cost". The manufacturers will come to the aquarium and we can meet and buy there from the manufacturers. Reefseekers is not making any money on the deal and in fact is covering the overhead and salaries of their people to support this activity.

Also we cannot buy gear except for our own personal use. For example I might buy a new SP regulator to replace my 20+ year old one that still works perfectly with only regular maintenance. I can buy one. I cannot buy a second one for my wife. And I am not complaining.

It is so nice of the gear manufacturers to come in and do this. It is so nice of ReefSeekers to set this up and handle the transactions.

Hat's off to Ken and Billy for working to help the volunteers.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]