Suggestions for Finding Elvira

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seashell on March 23, 2004 at 11:03:04:

Tim,
Here are a few suggestions you might not have tried for finding Elvira:
*Put up fliers. Make sure the picture is large
*Run an ad in all local papers...possibly even the San Bernardino Sun Telegram if it is widely read in the high desert
*Continually check all papers for found dog ads
*Check the local pound and animal shelters constantly...some may be online
*Visit all veterinarians in the area...maybe they have seen her if she was injured or if someone picked her up and brought her in for shots. Put fliers up in the veterinarians waiting room.
*Visit all the local dog groomers...ask if they have seen her and put up fliers.
*Contact the neighbors
*Contact the local schools; sometimes dogs follow the kids and the school locks up the dog until classes are over. This happened to two of my australian shepherds but luckily the school looked at their tags and phoned me.
*Don't depend on dog tags with your name and phone number...my dogs' tags have dropped off frequently and I've given up keeping collars on the cats. (The only ones I can count on staying put are the guinea pigs and hamsters)
*Since Elvira was lost in the desert ...are there any abandoned mines or wells with open shafts in the area.
*Captain Tim thought the coyotes might have taken her...does anyone know if a coyote will attack a sheltie?

Good luck and I hope you find her. It's heartbreaking to lose a loyal companion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]