Re: Questions about Lobster closer

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahut on April 03, 2004 at 20:17:29:

In Reply to: Questions about Lobster closer posted by Melvin Pasley on April 03, 2004 at 17:24:56:

Read closer. I stated that we had a three day permit filed. We even waited until after midnight for the final dive so that it was the third day.
>Possession includes freezer at home too.
Says who, where?
>1/16 of an inch short
I'm far more discriminating than that. On a good day, I may let a near legal go on gp, but I know legal to the 1000th inch. I bet you don't know just how big your gauge is. Check it and see.
As for bringing them on the boat to measure. Yes, that is a violation of the letter of the law, but I re-measure all lobster on the boat in case I have mis-measured UW anyway. You cannot test a hanger UW in any case.
Put it this way. I never keep a short. I get rid of any short as soon as I know it is short. Sometimes I bet I even violate the letter of the law, but I never violate the spirit of the law. I never let myself get into a position where a F&G officer might wonder if I have violated the law. If you want to debate law with me you had better be very very savvy.
Enjoy the hunting, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]