Posted by Elaine on April 04, 2004 at 17:23:48:
In Reply to: What happened to a reasonable trip to Catalina? posted by AD on April 04, 2004 at 09:53:23:
Have you added up what a day of diving via the Catalina Express really costs?
1. Parking at Long Beach - something like $8.
2. Round trip Express Ticket - $45.
3. Catalina Baggage Handlers - something like $8. Alternative is you can haul your gear 1/2 mile.
4. Air - something like $6/fill - 3 fills = $18.
5. Food - easy $20 for not very much - you also get to walk a long way to get it
6. Locker to store stuff you need to keep secure - a couple of bucks.
7. Shower - if you want one, you pay for it.
8. Bathroom - yes, but you have to walk.
9. A place to warm up - not likely.
10. Somebody to help you with your gear - dream on.
It adds up to an easy $90-100 with no amenities.
Post a Followup